So, this is me, Rhonda...and that's my hubby. I'm a thirty-something stay-at-home mom with, well, a lot of children. Seven actually. . . Wow! I could tell you that it's because I have seven children that I decided to do seven different recipes, but it's not, I actually just realized that funny coincidence while typing this!
Anyway, back to the children. I have four step-kids and 3 that I actually gave birth to. My husband and I met in 2003, he had four kids from a previous marriage, I had one kid from a previous marriage and we've had two together. They currently range in age from 26 years to 3 years old. . . crazy right? We also have one granddaughter who is 3 years old, a grandson who is 2, another granddaughter that just turned 1 and a new granddaughter due in May 2014. This is us about 2 years ago, we are missing a few.
And just for the fun of it. . . here are 20 random facts about me.
1. I am addicted to watching the Food Network channel. In 2004 I was flipping channels and came across 30 Minute Meals (with Rachel Ray). She was cooking a fabulous Christmas meal and I decided to give it a try, ever since then I've been hooked.
2. One of these days I will become a teacher. I only have three semesters left until I have my degree and I WILL finish!
3. Cruising is my favorite way to vacation. I have been on
seven eight cruises.
4. I disliked mayo while growing up, now I like it. . . not love it, but I like a tiny bit on my sandwiches every now and then.
5. I was born and raised in Southern California but I consider myself to "be" from Utah, even though we've been living in Wyoming for almost 2 years now.
6. I could eat Mexican food every night of the week if my family would allow it.
7. I'm a Mac user (is there really any other way to be?)
8. Roller coasters scare the daylights out of me but I love them.
9. My favorite holiday. . . Thanksgiving. Why? Because you get family, friends and food without having to buy everyone gifts! It's the PERFECT holiday!
10. I'm on a mission to make the "world's best, gotta have it, it's to die for" piece of pumpkin pie. That's why you'll find a whole seven recipes devoted just to pumpkin pie.
11. I'm sarcastic. . . it's a family trait.
12. I have a younger sister and a younger step-brother.
13. Not a big fan of fish but sushi has to be in my top 5 favorite things to eat. . . go figure?!?!
14. I went two and a half months without eating meat because I read "Skinny Bitch" and then fell completely off that wagon for Prime Rib! (It was well worth it!)
15. Some of my favorite things to watch on TV are: The Good Wife, Biggest Loser, The Voice, The Following, The Daily Show, Last Man Standing and Big Bang Theory.
16. I go to the movies because I love their popcorn (even though I know how completely awful it is for me) and because I like to see the previews for upcoming movies. . . its a viscous cycle.
17. I feel like I am constantly trying to lose those last 5-10 pounds but good food always wins out in the end.
18. I want red couches in my living room.
19. I go back and forth between wanting to open up a cupcakery and not opening one.
20. I have an iPod that I got as a birthday gift in 2005, I still use it, it still works. . . I don't even think it has a "g" in its name that's how old it is!
So that's me in a nutshell. Stay tuned, things will only get more exciting around here.