Friday, February 24, 2012

Coffee Creamer French Toast



I am so darn excited about this recipe, if you can really call it a recipe.  It requires 4 ingredients and one of those ingredients is of course bread!  But first, let me tell you why I'm so excited about it.  Have you been to the coffee creamer isle in your grocery store lately?  There are like a "gazillion" flavors of coffee creamers now-a-days.  Think of all the possibilities this recipe will allow you just by changing one of the ingredients!  SO EXCITED!


Coffee Creamer French Toast
adapted from Pocket Change Gourmet















Ingredients
3 eggs
1 - 1 1/2 cups coffee creamer
8 pieces your favorite bread
powdered sugar for topping

Directions
1. Preheat a griddle or large skillet.
2. Whisk eggs and creamer together.  Dip bread into egg mixture and place on hot griddle.  Cook on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
3. Garnish with butter and powder sugar.

I had Irish Cream coffee creamer on hand when I made this batch and it was so good.  I'm excited to try a few other flavors, I'll keep you posted on which flavors I really like and which flavors don't really work as I try them.


No comments:

Post a Comment