This blog is a work in progress. You'll notice that I don't have 7 different recipes of everything yet, but keep checking back. My goal is to get 7 of everything listed by the end of 2014! By the time I'm done it will be over 365 recipes. If you have suggestions for a recipe please feel free to leave a comment or send me a message.
Do you ever need an excuse to make a cake? Well my excuse for making this cake was that I happen to have all the ingredients. Plus, it seemed, based on the ingredient list, that it would be a pretty healthy version of a cake, as far as cakes go. It definitely wasn't as sweet as your normal birthday cake, but it was good and refreshing. My mom, who happened to be visiting when I made it, gave it two thumbs up.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the sides of a 9" round cake pan with oil and line the bottom with parchment or wax paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the yogurt, oil, sugar, lime zest and lime juice. Add the eggs one by one, whisking well after each addition. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Add to yogurt mixture and stir with a spoon until just combined.
3. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted comes out clean.
4. Transfer pan to a cooling rack and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
12 ounces fresh blackberries (frozen will work as well, just reduce the amount of water)
1/4 cup of water
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Combine blackberries, water, sugar and lime juice in a blender or food processor. Puree until very smooth, then press through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds.