Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Banana Split Milkshake


My 13 year old son is a milkshake fanatic. I'm pretty sure that if I let him, he would make two shakes a day.  Normally he makes a strawberry banana milkshake but the other day he wanted something different so this is what I made for him.  This milkshake was inspired by my favorite Blizzard flavor (banana split) at Dairy Queen, only my 13 year old refused to let me put in pineapple, for some reason!


Banana Split Milkshake

Ingredients
1 frozen banana
5 whole strawberries
handful of chocolate chips
2 tablespoons caramel sauce
3/4 cup milk
5-6 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
whip cream

Directions
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.  Top with whip cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce and a few chocolate chips.  Sometimes I don't get the texture I'm looking for, it might be too thin or too thick.  It's kind of a trail and error thing, that's why I don't put the milk or ice cream away until its perfect.

By the way, this made enough for 3 of us to have a shake!  Don't want you thinking my 13 year old is allowed to eat that much ice cream in one sitting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment