Friday, February 24, 2012

Woodsy Vegetable Parmesan Orzo



Is 'woodsy' a word?  When I was trying to think of how to explain the mixture of vegetables in this recipes that was the first word that came to mind.  Maybe 'earthy' would be better?  I don't know!  But I liked 'woodsy' so I went with it.  This recipe was just something I threw together one night for dinner.  I had a mixture of vegetables that I needed to use up from my Bountiful Basket.  If you don't know what Bountiful Basket it is check out the link and see if they are in your area. . .  I promise you will LOVE it.    Back to the recipe. . . this was so surprisingly good when I had the first bite.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.


Woodsy Vegetable Parmesan Orzo

Ingredients
1 serving cooked orzo
2 stalks asparagus, chopped in 1/2" pieces
handful of mushrooms, roughly chopped
1/2 medium eggplant, diced in 1/2" pieces
palm-full of Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
palm-full parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon flavored olive oil for garnish

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Prepare orzo per package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, place asparagus, mushrooms and eggplant on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil (for easy clean up).  Add olive oil, seasoning and salt and pepper and mix, making sure all veggies are covered with oil and seasonings.  Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until all veggies are softened.
3.  Top orzo with roasted veggies, sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with flavored olive oil.

If you are looking for some really amazing flavored oils check out O Olive Oils.  I received several of them as a Christmas gift and I thoroughly enjoy the fresh taste of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment