Saturday, February 4, 2012

Crazy Nut Green Smoothie


Yummmmm, smoothies!  I have a serious addiction to smoothies right now.  I crave them constantly, breakfast, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, dessert...yum!  And the best part about this addiction?  I really enjoy them with spinach in them.  You might get 14 different recipes of smoothies at the rate I'm going.  One of my favorite tricks for making my smoothies. . . frozen bananas.  I buy a bunch of bananas every time I go to the grocery store, if we don't eat them before they start to brown I peel them, put them in individual freezer bags and pop them into the freezer.  Give it a try, with a frozen banana you don't need to add a lot of ice to make the smoothie. . . well, smooth. :)


Crazy Nut Green Smoothie





















Ingredients
1 frozen banana
1 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 large handful of fresh spinach
1 serving protein powder
2 Tablespoons chocolate chips

Directions
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend!

I like to come up with fun names for my smoothies.  At least I think its a fun name, you might be sitting there thinking, "umm she is a strange one."  I call this one Crazy Nut because of the ALMOND milk and PEANUT butter ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment