Friday, February 24, 2012

Red Velvet Waffles



And it wasn't even Valentine's Day or Christmas morning when I made these!  They are so easy to make you have no excuse not to make them on a Monday!  My suggestion is. . .the next time you are at the store and cake mixes are on sale buy one of every flavor and use them for something OTHER than making cake :)  For this red velvet cake mix I split it into thirds (make sure you cut the additional ingredients into to thirds as well!).  I used the first 1/3 of the cake mix for my Red Velvet Popcorn and the second 1/3 for these waffles.  The last 1/3 is still in my pantry waiting for another recipe...maybe cookies?


 Red Velvet Waffles
















Ingredients

1 box red velvet cake mix, mixed per box instructions
cooking spray
4 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup buttermilk (or milk)



Directions
1. Preheat waffle iron.  Mix cake mix per instructions.
2. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray.  Pour cake mixture into waffle iron (my waffle iron holds about 1/3 cup of mix, but I'm sure each waffle maker holds a different amount, read your waffle iron's instruction manual to determine the correct amount of batter.)
3. Cook waffles for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and buttermilk in a small bowl.  (I like to use buttermilk because it gives it a little bit of tang that I think red velvet cake has in it, but feel free to use milk.)
5. Top waffles with cream cheese mixture.


As you can see, my 9 month old really enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment