1 box red velvet cake mix, mixed per box instructions
4 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup buttermilk (or milk)
1. Preheat waffle iron. Mix cake mix per instructions.
2. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour cake mixture into waffle iron (my waffle iron holds about 1/3 cup of mix, but I'm sure each waffle maker holds a different amount, read your waffle iron's instruction manual to determine the correct amount of batter.)
3. Cook waffles for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and buttermilk in a small bowl. (I like to use buttermilk because it gives it a little bit of tang that I think red velvet cake has in it, but feel free to use milk.)
5. Top waffles with cream cheese mixture.