Monday, February 6, 2012

Shirley Temple Granita



Shirley Temples were one of my favorite drinks when I was a kid.  When I started doing research for this blog I was looking for some different desserts and I stumbled across the granita.  It looked so refreshing and light.  Actually it looked like a great summer dessert, but its currently the middle of winter. . . guess what?  It still tasted wonderful, even with snow on the ground!


Shirley Temple Granita















Ingredients
4 cups 7-Up or Sprite
2 tablespoons Grenadine
juice and zest from one lemon


Directions
1. Mix 7-Up, Grenadine, zest, and juice from lemon in a 13x9 baking dish.  Place dish in freezer.
2. After 2 hours pull dish out of freezer and with a fork scrape the top of the semi-frozen liquid.  Scrape until all the ice crystals are broken up.  Continue to do this every hour for at least 5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment