Thursday, February 9, 2012

Honey Bananas in the Crockpot


After having dinner from the crockpot I decided we should try some dessert as well.  I found this recipe at SkinnyMs.com.  I haven't tried many recipes from their site but the few that I have were really tasty so I didn't doubt that this one would be great as well.  And guess what, it didn't disappoint at all.


Honey Bananas in the Crockpot
adapted from SkinnyMs
















Ingredients
4 bananas
1 tablespoon coconut oil
3 tablespoons raw honey
juice from 1/2 lemon
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
sliced almonds (or preferred nut of choice)

Directions
1. Turn on crockpot to low.  Melt coconut oil in crockpot.
2. Peel bananas and cut into 1/2" slices.
3. Place bananas in crockpot, add lemon juice, honey, and spices.  Gently stir bananas to make sure they are well coated with ingredients.
4. Cook on low 1 hour.  Serve warm over vanilla ice cream and top with nuts.

When I served it to my hubby he immediately asked for granola to put on top of it.  He said it needed some different textures. It was perfect with the granola.  My suggestion. . . replace the almonds with granola, but perhaps it was because my almonds were sliced, maybe chopped would've been better.  Let me know what you come up with. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment