BBQ Style Meatloaf
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup diced bell pepper
1/2 cup diced red onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup ketchup, divided
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon grill seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a bread pan or cookie sheet. (I use a cookie sheet and shape the meat mixture into a loaf shape, but using a bread pan would work also)
3. Mix all ingredients except 1/4 cup of ketchup in a large mixing bowl, I find that mixing it with one of my hands works much better than a spoon.
4. Put mixture into (or onto) your greased pan. Top mixture with remaining ketchup.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until meat reaches 160 degrees internally.
The liquid smoke can be left out of the recipe. I like to add it because I think it gives it a nice smoky flavor, like you would get if you really grilled it. I know that sometimes it can be difficult to find in the grocery store. If I remember correctly, I found it near the A1 and BBQ sauces...but I am getting old so my memory could be really off! :)