Thursday, February 9, 2012

Raspberry Balsamic Crockpot Chicken


Like everyone else in the world that cooks with chicken, I'm constantly looking for new and exciting ways to prepare it.  So, when I ran across an Onion Rosemary Pork recipe from SkinnyMs.com I immediately thought it would be pretty darn tasty with chicken as well.  With a little tweak here and a little addition there I came up with this very yum-e recipe.  The next time I make it I will add more chicken broth than I did this time.  I've made that addition to the recipe posted here already.  I'm a sucker for lots of extra juice to pour over my rice.



Raspberry Balsamic Crockpot Chicken
adpated from SkinnyMs 
















Ingredients
4-5 chicken tenderloins
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (the vinegar I used was raspberry flavored, hence the "raspberry" part of the chicken)
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth (recipe originally called for 1/2 cup, I'm upping this amount the next time I make it.)
1/4 cup tomato sauce OR 1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
2 large white or yellow onions, sliced into thin rings
black pepper
salt to taste, after cooking

Directions
1. Place vinegar and broth into crockpot.  Whisk in tomato sauce/paste.
2. Place onions on the bottom of the crockpot and lay the meat on top of the onions.
3. Sprinkle meat with rosemary and as much pepper as you prefer.
4. Cook on low 3-5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
Shred chicken, serve over rice or pasta.



No comments:

Post a Comment