Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Super Foods Green Smoothie



Super foods are all the rage right now.  At least that's the sense I'm getting when I read other food blogs.  And I totally get it!  I've been trying to eat at least 6-8 super foods a day and I've been feeling very energized and healthy.  My favorite way to eat (or drink) them is either in a salad or a smoothie.  So here is a great smoothie to have after a workout, loaded with super foods and protein to help recover.


Super Food Green Smoothie














Ingredients
1 avocado
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup soy milk
1 large handful fresh spinach
1/4 cup fresh pineapple
1 serving protein powder

Directions
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.


Can I tell you how completely surprised I was when my 8-month-old little boy grabbed my smoothie and started sucking on the straw like it was candy.  Later in the day my 3-year-old asked me for another smoothie, when I asked him what he wanted in it he responded with, "ummm, spinach, yogurt, soy milk and avocado."  What a happy mommy that made me!  So I made it for him, with some pineapple added, and he drank it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment