Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wilted Spinach & Quinoa Salad


There is a lot of talk on the internet about eating "super foods."  I've found several lists online of super foods, they range anywhere from the top 10 to a list of 111.  If you are looking for a recipe loaded with super foods then this is for you.  I actually didn't realize how loaded with super foods this recipe was when I first made it but after researching super foods this morning I thought to myself, "hey, my wilted spinach and quinoa salad is loaded with these super foods!"  Oh, and by the way. . . it's so darn yum-e!


Wilted Spinach & Quinoa Salad
















Ingredients
1 handful fresh spinach*
1/2 cup cooked quinoa*
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts*
2 tablespoons dried cranberries*
1/4 cup Mandarin oranges
balsamic dressing (see recipe below)

Directions
1. Place spinach in bottom of bowl.  Top with warmed quinoa (that's what makes the spinach wilt), walnuts, cranberries and oranges.  Drizzle with balsamic dressing, top with salt and pepper if desired.

Balsamic Dressing:  This is just a basic oil and vinegar dressing.  You'll want 1 part vinegar to 3 parts olive oil*, add some salt and fresh cracked black pepper.

I love this dressing with my flavored vinegars and oils I received from my dad and step mom for Christmas.  They are so awesome.  If you are looking for some great oils and vinegars check out O Olive Oil.

*super food


No comments:

Post a Comment